- The experience of teachers from across the Caribbean captured and brought online for the benefit of our students in the Caribbean.
- Many hands make light work of a subject, which is split into segments and assigned to ten or more schools.
- Inexperienced teachers benefit from the experience of other teachers. Why should teachers work alone in our common goal to help students?
- Authentic material directly relevant to the Caribbean. Unlike other online resources (e.g. Khan Academy, etc.), the multimedia on UwiTube is created using active teachers who teach our children everyday - therefore inherently understand difficulties at the student level - with a focus on the CSEC examination.
- We have numerous potential authors with over 10 years of experience in the Caribbean and the ability to publish our books locally and online in international stores. Thus, currently under production “AppBooke Caribbean Teachers Series" on Mathematics” providing an opportunity for schools and teachers to earn revenue by publishing a multi-authored book. The aim being to shift the current dominant books from prescribed to reference books throughout the Caribbean.
- To gradually develop a resource that provides lessons, with homework and video solutions for the benefit of all our students, especially those who cannot affford private classes.
- Ultimately, to create a virtual school run by teachers from across the West Indies.
Coming in the future
1. 11+ English
2. CAPE level Mathematics
3. Science Subjects at CSEC level
4. CAPE level Physics, Biology and Chemistry
5. UWI level I Mathematics
.... and the journey continues as we come together as teachers, lecturers and governments to help our students across a board range of disciplines.
Dr. Janak Sodha UwiTube Founder 2011
Department of Computer Science, Mathematics & Physics
University of the West Indies (UWI)
Cave Hill Campus, P.O. Box 64, Bridgetown, Barbados, West Indies.
WebSite: http://janaksodha.com, http://uwitube.com
Student Christopher Douglas working for UwiTube